Nexa® Plus—essential nutrition in a once-daily capsule.
The Nexa® Plus Rx Prenatal Vitamin has what you need when you both need it most. From preconception to pregnancy through breastfeeding, mom-friendly Nexa® Plus Rx Prenatal Vitamins offer the nutrients you want and the comfort you deserve.
|Nexa® Plus Ingredients|
|Vitamin C||28 mg|
|Vitamin D3||800 IU|
|Vitamin E||30 IU|
|Vitamin B6||25 mg|
|Folic acid||1.25 mg|
|Plant-based DHA*||350 mg|
|Docusate calcium||55 mg|
|*Algal oil blend (derived from
Crypthecodinium cohnii) 660 mg.
More plant-based DHA1-7
folic acid and pregnancy, see
this Folic Acid Fact Sheet
from the NIH
- Due to its role in the synthesis of DNA and other critical cell components, folate (the common term for folic acid) is especially important during phases of rapid cell growth, such as during the first trimester16
- In addition to a healthy diet, folic acid taken before and during early pregnancy helps reduce the risk for birth defects of the brain and spine called neural tube defects (NTDs)17
You should not take more than 0.1 mg (100 mcg) per day of folic acid unless you are under the care of a healthcare professional, as it may mask the symptoms of a potentially more serious condition.1
- Contains 250 mcg of biotin, an essential component of enzymes that metabolize carbohydrates and fats18
- Nexa® Plus prenatal vitamins contain docusate calcium, a gentle stool softener, for added comfort during pregnancy1
- Nexa® Plus provides 800 IU of vitamin D3, an essential vitamin to support mom and developing baby’s skeletal health1,19
- Anemia, or low red blood cell levels, is common during pregnancy, so the recommended amount of daily iron intake increases during pregnancy20
- Nexa® Plus contains 29 mg of iron to support the formation of healthy red blood cells1,20